Here is the recipe!
- 400 g of White Flour
- 48 g of sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 15 g of Baker’s Yeast
- 40 g water
- 4 eggs
- 200 g of 35% cream
The technique used is the one to make brioche, which is a bred –type dough that must rise and rest before baking.
- Mix yeast and warm water.
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, eggs and yeast mixture and knead for about 6 minutes.
- Combine butter in until the dough is soft.
- Put the dough in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Take the dough out and let it rise at room temperature for about 3 hours, covered with a damp cloth.
- Put in a bread pan and bake at 375°F for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Test baking with a toothpick – it must come clean.
- 750 ml of 35% cream
- 300 ml of brown sugar
- 75 ml of maple syrup
- 30 ml cornstarch
- 100 ml water
- In a pot, bring to boil cream, maple syrup and brown sugar.
- Cook for 10 minutes on medium heat.
- Mix cornstarch with water and add to syrup base, then let cook on low heat for 10 minutes.
- In a shallow dish, place the brioche pieces and add the chômeur sauce, bake 10 minutes at 400°F.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream and enjoy!